- 2 cans of artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cans of pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15.5 oz. cans of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes (with basil, garlic and oregano), drained
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 fresh bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 8 oz. of Ken’s Steak House Lite Caesar Dressing
Combine artichokes, olives, black beans, garbanzo beans, and tomatoes together in a large bowl. Add red onion, cilantro, and caesar dressing. Mix well.
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
This makes a great salad served over fresh greens or could also be served as an appetizer with Torilla chips (Tostitos with a hint of lime). Best made the night before serving.
Mediterranean Bean Salad
Michelle is a native Virginian living in Leesburg, married to her high school sweet heart and raising their two kids ages 7 and 3. She is also the co-founder of ConnectingMoms, LLC a website dedicated to product reviews which will be re-launching next year. A few years ago, she was inspired to create a healthy summer dish for her family using fresh ingredients from her home garden. There’s something to be said about freshly grown cilantro, basil, oregano, red onions and tomatoes, they give the dish a zest. Adding in delicious artichokes, black olives and two kinds of beans make the dish a colorful and healthy food. It is a great dish to bring over for friends and family parties. A sure hit that everyone will enjoy eating.