This recipe was provided by Sasha Martin from her Global Table, Argentinean adventure.
- 2 pumpkins (or acorn squash)
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- bunch baby arugula
- 8 ounces Bucheron goat cheese (this is aged goat cheese – regular goat cheese is a fine substitute)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 2. Cut pumpkins in half and remove seeds and strings. Brush cut ends liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Roast for 45 min-1 hour, or until a fork pierces the flesh with no resistance.
- 4. Meanwhile, whisk together ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl. I used an immersion blender to emulsify and “puree” everything together. You can also add everything to a blender or food processor and get the same result.
- 5. Transfer roasted pumpkin to serving plates. While still steaming, fill the cavities with crumbles of goat cheese and then baby arugula. Add vinaigrette to taste and toss, being sure to scrape pumpkin flesh into salad as you toss. Eat immediately.