Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to a pan and add chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, ginger and salt to the caramelized onions. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and puree the mixture. (I used an emersion blender to puree right in the pan).
Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the pureed mixture.
Return to heat and continue to heat for 5 minutes.
Next, add kasoori methi leaves, ground coriander seed, tandoori masala and red chilli powder. Continue heating for 5 minutes.
Add 1½ cups of water and return to a boil then add heavy cream and continue to heat for 5-10 minutes. Add cubed peneer pieces to mixture, cover pan and cook for final 5 minutes.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon of grated ginger, about a 1-inch piece
- 1½ teaspoons of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of dried kasoori methi leaves (available in Indian stores)
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon of tandoori masala spice mixture (available in Indian stores)
- ¼ teaspoon of red chili powder
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream (you can use milk as a substitute)
- 14 oz. of paneer (Nanak brand of paneer), cubed (available in Indian stores)
- Olive oil