Combine the strawberries, mandarin oranges, spinach, and scallions in a large bowl.
Chocolate Balsamic Reduction
In a small sauce pan add the balsamic vinegar, red current jelly, and chocolate.
Heat this mixture over low heat 3-4 minutes while continually stirring.
When mixture is smooth, remove from the heat.
Allow reduction to slightly thicken by placing the pan into your freezer for 5-7 minutes.
Drizzle over salad and enjoy!
- 1 cup of strawberries, halved
- 1 can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 8 cups of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup of scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of red current jelly
- 1 teaspoon of good quality chocolate, Scharffen Berger 62% cocao